Several days ago as I was reading Abbie’s (Cracks in the Fence) blog, I was met with a wonderful surprise! Not only had she been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is amazing, but she had also nominated me! It was the perfect ending to a rainy and otherwise gloomy day. So a huge thank you to Abbie, who’s blog you should go read right now, if you haven’t already. She writes about life, does fun tags and link ups, and has lots of cute animal photos. Her most recent think out loud Thursday post about letting go of the past is especially thought provoking and for me, very relatable. Go visit Abbie here
Here are the rules:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
1. Who or what inspires you?
This is going to sound cliche but my mom. She has to deal with lots of stressful situations every day and in general has had a lot happen in her life. But she keeps pushing forward and is always there for our whole family. She has been one of my rocks through this whole recovery process and I’m just constantly amazed by her strength!
2. Why do you blog?
My blog is basically like an online journal for me, a place where I can talk about whatever I want. Writing has always been a way to sort out my thoughts and honestly just very therapeutic for me. I also blog so that I can connect with people I might not otherwise know in “real life” and hopefully inspire a few people along the way!
3. If you could meet someone (real, fictional, alive or dead) who would it be and why?
Most of the people I want to meet are fictional characters because, well, they are awesome. Two sassy fictional ladies I’d like to meet are Scarlett O’Hara from “Gone with the Wind” and Elizabeth Bennett from “Pride and Prejudice” Yes, I love the classics!
4. What is your favorite post that you have written?
My favorite post that I have written is probably my body acceptance/food freedom post. It’s a subject I’m very passionate about because of my personal experiences and it’s also something I know a lot of people struggle with. You can read it here.
5. What are you most proud of?
This is a very hard one for me because as I’ve mentioned before, I’m a perfectionist and therefore, I’m very critical of myself. But I am proud of how I’ve challenged myself in recovery and of my (relatively) good grades.
6. What is your dream?
My ultimate dream is to be living in either Seattle or San Diego in an apartment near the city and writing as a full time job. I have this image where I’m just sitting on a balcony with my laptop and a Starbucks coffee, watching everything unfold below me. Preferably with either a cat or dog involved:)
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl all the way! I don’t understand morning people at all. Like, how can you be so energetic at six in the morning??
8. You have a choice of only three things you can keep for the rest of your life, what are they?
I was going to say my tablet but I feel like that’s kind of defeating the purpose as it contains millions of different things so I’d have to say my stuffed Dalmatian Gracie because I’ve had her since I was 10 and I’m a very sentimental person, a notebook and pencil (I’m counting this as one thing!), and a book (don’t ask me which one, I can’t decide.)
9. What is something you’ve always wanted to try?
I’ve always wanted to try parasailing! It seems like so much fun and I bet the view would be amazing!
10. What is your favorite book this year (or over all time)?
Wait, what? I have to pick ONE book?? I have like a bazillion favorites as I am the biggest book worm ever. But one book that left a lasting impression on me was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve read it twice and I highly recommend it, although it is a tear jerker.
11. If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?
This going to sound strange as it is like 97 degrees at the moment and ridiculously humid but Texas. Most of my extended family lives there and I haven’t seen them in quite a while and miss them like crazy!
My questions are:
- Who or what inspires you?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could trade places with anyone for one day (alive, dead, real fictional), who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
- What are you most proud of?
- What is your dream?
- Would you rather have summer or winter weather all year long?
- What is your favorite memory?
- If you became president, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is your favorite book this year (or over all time?)
- What is your favorite way to practice self-care?
So now for my nominees! This was very hard, not because I don’t have a lot of amazing bloggers I’d like to nominate, but because some of my favorite bloggers had more than 200 followers or have already been nominated. But I tried my best and if you have more than 200 followers or have already been nominated…well just ignore this and know that you are still awesome.
The Scarlett Castleberry: Scarlett writes about her recovery from an eating disorder as well as reviews for various movies and books. I feel like I can relate to a lot of what she says, especially in regards to recovery.
The Daily Maddison Shaw: Maddison writes about everything from reviews to advice to posts about her daily life. I love how diverse her blog is and it’s a fun read while still being very informative.
Full of Life: I’ve mentioned Haleys blog before in a previous post. She really is an inspiration for me as she has come such a long way in her recovery from an eating disorder and she truly is full of life. Haley writes about her travels, her adorable dogs Fritz and Gracie, her current favorites, as well as recovery/body image.
Eye Still Brave: You know how I’m all about trying to be vulnerable and honest and that is what I admire about Liz. She is very honest about her recovery from an eating disorder and about mental illness in general. Not to mention she is a beautiful writer and her poetry never ceases to amaze me!
Glitter and Grace: Rebekah has lots of great posts about being a teenager, being a Christian, and she’s also homeschooled. I can relate to all 3 of the above things so needless to say, I love her blog!
Spontaneous Piesces: I love the format of Kristans blog as, true to it’s name, it is very spontaneous! She writes about serious topics such as bullying to more fun posts such as her current favorites.
I hope y’all enjoyed this informative little post! I’m truly honored that anyone reads my random rants and rambles (try saying that 10 times fast!:) I’ve been MIA this past week but school has again started with full force, both for me and all my younger siblings. There is a lot going on but I promise to be more consistent this week. I have a lot of ideas for future posts that I’m very excited about!